Event 11th Annual Kollaboration When Saturday, November 5, 2011 TBD – All Ages Where Nokia Theatre L.A. Live (map) 777 Chick Hearn Court, Los Angeles Los Angeles, CA 90015 Other InfoFrom Official Press Release: With 12 shows in 10 cities making up the 2011 Kollaboration season, this will be the first year that Kollaboration Los [...]
11th Annual Kollaboration
Saturday, November 5, 2011
777 Chick Hearn Court, Los Angeles
Los Angeles, CA 90015
From Official Press Release:
With 12 shows in 10 cities making up the 2011 Kollaboration season, this will be the first year that Kollaboration Los Angeles, the original flagship production, will be held as the last show. As the grand finale, audiences can expect an amazing spectacle featuring some of the best in local and international API talent as they compete for the grand prize of $2,000, as well as the audience choice prize of $1,000.
Special guest performers include symphonic quintet Ensemble Memo, singer-songwriter Clara C, and comedian Paul “PK” Kim. The specially selected artists making up this year’s Kollaboration Los Angeles lineup are:
- afterschoolspecial: An alternative band based out of San Diego known for their eclectic blend of rap, rock, and alternative music.
- Andrew Figueroa Chiang and the Blazing Rays of the Sun: A Los Angeles based rock band specializing in earnest performances, energetic arrangements, and big harmonies.
- Dawen: A Los Angeles based singer/songwriter and winner of Kollaboration Acoustic 4.
- Emanon Dance Crew: High school students from all over Ventura County that inspire the youth to share the same passion on the dance floor.
- Inch Chua: A singer/songwriter hailing from Singapore who recently made her U.S. debut at the South by Southwest Music Festival.
- Monsters Calling Home: A Los Angeles based band that describes their off-the-wall sound as “gangster folk oriental”.
- Noel Kunz: Two-time World Championship Yo-Yo Artist and up-and-coming elite entertainer.
- Poll Winner: Winners from other Kollaboration shows will be placed in an online poll. Based on audience’s online votes, one winner will be selected for the final competition spot. Voting is set to begin on October 17th.
More artists and the headlining performer will soon be announced.
Posted by heyyaa! on November 5th, 2011